Taxis are widely available on Rhodes. Large taxi stations are located at the airport and in Rhodes town near Mandraki Harbor.
You can also stop passing taxis. The taxis are uniformly black with a white roof and a small taxi sign on it.
The Municipality of Rhodes has published a price list. for taxis. The prices are about one Euro per km. A ride from the airport to Rhodes town will cost around € 22. To avoid surprises, it's always a good idea to discuss the price with the taxi driver before the ride.
To save taxi costs, you can publish an offer for a shared taxi ride on prasonisi-beach.com.
You can order taxis on Rhodes via the following numbers (if you're using a mobile phone now, you can call by clicking the numbers):
within Rhodes town: +030 22410 69800
outside Rhodes town: +030 22410 69600
Ixia: +030 22410 69600
Ialyssos: +030 22410 92515
Kremasti: +030 22410 94520
Faliraki: +030 22410 85444
Afandou: +030 22410 51777
Lindos: +030 22440 31466
Lardos: +030 22440 44047
There are some special rules, that might increase the price (prices of 2014):
- taxi order by phone in Rhodes town: extra charge € 1,90
- minimum price € 3.27
- starting of taximeter: € 1.14 €
- start or destination airport: extra charge € 2.51, start at the harbor extra charge € 1.04
- luggage weight over 10 kg: extra charge € 0.38
- waiting for the customer: € 10.46 per hour
- double fares in some areas from 0:00 h to 5:00 h